Dru Yoga: Butterfly move to help your hips
- Sit on your bottom, bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet together.
- Rest here for a moment.
- Allow the insteps of your feet to open out and keep the edges of your little toes pressed together.
- Feel your sitting bones sink into the earth, and stay sitting tall as you lift your pelvic floor and separate your tummy from your ribs.
- Inhale and bring your knees up before exhaling and gently allowing your hips to relax down and out again.
- Keep your pelvic floor lifted, your ribs moved way from the abdomen and your sternum lifted.
- Don’t let your torso sink as you relax the knees down.
As many as you like. Coordinate your breathing as you lift and relax your knees.
Opens the hips, stretches the inner thighs and strengthens the pelvic floor.
This yoga instruction has been brought to you by Inside Out who use Dru Yoga to help your well being. Inside Out are based at the Acanthus Golf Centre, Tingley, West Yorkshire. You can learn more and follow Inside Out on Facebook.