Fitness: Chair of the heart Dru Yoga move
CHAIR OF THE HEART
Strengthens core muscles, improves posture, stretches shoulders and muscles of the lower leg.
- From standing, pull up on your pelvic floor and draw in your navel.
- Inhale and take your arms up over your head with your palms pressed together (keep arms low if you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or if your shoulders do not like this position)
- As you exhale, bend your elbows and lower your hands to just above your head, keeping the palms together.
- Then inhale, stretch your arms up again and bend your knees.
- Feel your rib cage lift away from your hips and keep your heels on the floor.
- Check that your knees track forwards and your back is straight.
- Exhale as you straighten your legs and lower your hands back to just above your head.
Start with three at a time, then build up to do as many as you like.
This yoga instruction has been brought to you by Inside Out who use Dru Yoga to help your well being. Inside Out are based at the Acanthus Golf Centre, Tingley, West Yorkshire. You can learn more and follow Inside Out on Facebook.