Fitness: Dru yoga moves to work your body
SPIRAL PART 1
BENEFITS: Opens the shoulder girdle and improves shoulder mobility.
- Lie on your left side with your head resting on a pillow.
- Keep your back straight and bend your knees at right angles to your body.
- Extend your arms out to shoulder height and place your palms together.
- Inhale and take your right arm up so that your fingers are pointing at the ceiling.
- Exhale and allow your right arm to fall towards the floor behind you.
- Keep your knees together but allow your torso to open up.
- Then inhale, return the arm to a vertical position and exhale as it returns to rest on the left hand.
DO: Repeat four times with your right arm, then roll over and do four with your left arm.
BENEFITS: Improves hip mobility, stretches your glute muscles, opens the shoulder girdle and helps to relieve sciatica.
- Lie on your back, extend your left leg along the floor and bend your right knee so that your foot is resting on the left knee.
- Take hold of your right knee with your left hand, and stretch your right arm along the floor at shoulder height with your palm facing down.
- Exhale and gently draw the knee over to the left side, working from the hip and keeping your right shoulder and arm firmly anchored to the floor.
- Relax into the stretch; feel any tight areas expand as you inhale and release deeper into the stretch as you exhale.
DO: Repeat once on each leg, holding each move for 30 seconds.
This yoga instruction has been brought to you by Inside Out who use Dru Yoga to help your well being. Inside Out are based at the Acanthus Golf Centre, Tingley, West Yorkshire. You can learn more and follow Inside Out on Facebook.